Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 1

It has been a long several hours already. I didn't get much sleep because my procrastinator self decided to wait until 10 o'clock pm to pack for a month long trip. I always seem to forget to add in the time that I dilly dally. Yeah.... I didn't get to sleep but 20 minutes before my sister took me to the airport... which we had to leave by 4:45. Went to the ATM to get some cash before hand and then straight on to the Charleston Airport. So, to be honest... I felt sick to my stomach and wanted to ball my eyes out. Weird. Don't ask me to explain completely why it was like that but it just was... I don't know? funny.... hmm. It was the same feeling I get when life changes take place. (not that this is a huge life change or anything...I mean it's just a month trip.) The only way I can compare that same feeling is... to when I knew I was getting older and knew things were going to be different... Like when I started my period for the first time... or when I found out I was growing boobs HAHA! There is a funny story behind that one and all I'll say about that is... the doctor assured me I didn't have cancer but instead was just in puberty. HA! With all that said, those feelings of "sick to my stomach, and I wanna cry" there always follows a big change in my life and I think God uses that as a sort of warning sign or waving of flag. Maybe not... It's funny though, do yall ever get a funny feeling when big changes take place in your life? I think it's a sign of stepping up into maturity and getting older.

Ok, so, enough about my feelings while making my way to the airport.

A big prayer for my trip has been just to know God on a more personal deeper level and to experience Him in a way I never have before. To grow spiritual in him. To witness miracles and see his hand at work in a hands on way. Too many of us have blinded ourselves in recognizing that He is still the same God in the Bible working miracles on an everyday basis. In America we have been blinded by just things and wants for ourselves, "getting ahead", making money, getting a house, the newest car out on the market, getting married and having children, the next goal we have on our agenda... We are so busy with our own plans for our life that we don't allow room for God to be Jehovah Jirah... He will provide. It's even manifested in my own life and I think that is why he is calling me out to Ethiopia for the month. He knows I am craving to see Him in a way I can't in Charleston/or America ...or whatever. He is calling me to reach higher for Him! It's so hard to do but soooo sweet in my heart knowing that hie is leading me through this journey and called me. ME! It's taken me almost 25 years to get to this point in my relationship with Him. But in the end He is in control of all timing.

Already in my trip I have experienced the awesomeness of God and how gentile He is.

Travis, I think today I realized for the first time what the gentleness of our father feels like. I would always hear you talk about how gentile he has been with you lately and now I completely understand what that means and feels like. First encounter on this trip with God about to leave the Charleston airport to head to D.C.....

and that is all the time I have right now and I will have to tell you that story next post....

Exciting stuff peoples!

0 comments:

Post a Comment